Strawberry Basil Vodka Cocktail Recipe
The bubble splash in these Strawberry Basil Vodka Cocktails takes your summer treat to a delicious new level. Summer strawberries can’t be beat. We look forward to sweet summer berries all year round. You can’t beat the freshly picked, juicy, ruby-red-all-way-through summer strawberries.
Usually we eat it by hand when we go berry picking. And you’ll be sure to find us making this Balsamic Strawberry and Balsamic Strawberry Layer Cake repeatedly during the berry season.
So we decided to combine it with one of our favorite alcoholic drinks, vodka, to make this thirst-quenching Strawberry Basil Vodka cocktail. Slightly fruity, slightly frothy and very flavorful, this summer vodka cocktail is ideal for those blissful hours of warm weather on the patio.
The ingredient list for this cocktail is fairly straightforward although we did add a few additions for maximum flavor. Juicy summer strawberries and garden-fresh basil add extra flavor to this Strawberry Basil Vodka cocktail. Perfect for happy hour.
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Total Time: 5 Mins
- 6 basil leaves
- 1/2 ounce of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce elderflower liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces of prosecco
- 4 strawberries, discard the leaves
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces of vodka
- Place strawberries, basil, lemon juice, and simple syrup into the cocktail shaker and muddle. Add ice, vodka and elderflower liqueur to the shaker, cover and shake for at least 20 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a low ball glass filled with ice and top it with prosecco. Stir gently to combine and garnish with fresh strawberries and / or basil, if desired.