Street Corn Salad with Cilantro Pesto
Delicious vegetarian Corn salad with sweet corn, red bell peppers, avocado, soft chevre and coriander pesto which is extremely addicting. This easy corn paste salad recipe isn’t only delicious but also an excellent thanks to spend your summer corn. Impress your friends and family with the simplest salad ever!
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
Total Time: 45 Mins
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large corncobs, peeled and cleaned
- 1-2 teaspoons of avocado or vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon flavorer
For the Paste
- 1/3 cup crushed chevre
- ½ cup diced shallots
- 8 ounces of necktie paste
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
For the Coriander Pesto
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons of water, if necessary to dilute the pesto
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup cilantro (about ½ bunch)
- 1/3 cup roasted or raw cashews
- 1 small lime, make juice
- 1 clove
- 1 jalapeño, remove seeds
- 2 tablespoons crushed chevre
- Extra cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, if desired
- Preheat the grill over heat. Sprinkle the corn with olive or avocado oil. Sprinkle with flavorer, cumin, salt and pepper. Place the corn directly on the grill and switch occasionally until the corn is charred and cooked, about 10 minutes. Let the corn cool then cut the corn off the cobs and set it aside.
- When the corn is cooking, you’ll simmer the pasta until it’s hard, consistent with the directions on the pasta package.
- After the pasta is cooked, drain, rinse with cold water then increase an outsized bowl.
- Next, make the coriander pesto: Add coriander leaves, cashews, juice, garlic cloves, jalapeno, olive oil, salt and pepper to a kitchen appliance bowl. Process until smooth, adding water if necessary to assist thin the pesto and make the method easier.
- Add the pesto on to the bowl with the paste and blend well.
- Next add the corn, red peppers, avocado, chevre and shallots. Stir well.
- Place within the refrigerator to serve later, or serve immediately, When able to serve, garnish with extra cilantro, avocado, chevre, and jalapeno slices, if desired.