Tequila Honey Bee Cocktail
|Tequila Honey Bee Cocktail|
Use honey in tequila cocktails, with a touch of smokiness thanks to the washing of mezcal, which matches sweet nectar and sour lemon.
- Del Maguey mezcal rinse
- 2 bitter lines Angostura
- Lemon rind
- 2 ounces of Espresso reposado tequila
- 1 ounce of honey syrup
- 3/4 ounce of fresh lemon juice
- Rinse the tall ball glass with mezcal, coat the inside of the glass with a thin layer and discard anything that isn’t sticking.
- Add tequila, syrup and lemon juice to the shaker with ice, and shake until cool.
- Pour into the prepared glass, and add 2 bitter lines.
- Decorate with lemon zest.
- Honey syrup: Add 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup water to a small saucepan over medium heat. (You can experiment and decide how much honey you want in your syrup. The more honey you use, the thicker the syrup will be and the stronger it feels.) Stir until smooth. Strain into a jar and cover tightly with a lid. Will be stored for 1 month in the refrigerator.