Turkey Cranberry Brie Egg Rolls
A festive classic pastry, made with minced turkey, condiment and brie cheese. These turkey cranberry & brie buns make an incredible appetizer or party snack this Christmas.
Everyone loves a pastry at Christmas, except for a festive twist why not try my Turkish, Cranberry & Brie roll this year? These little bites make an excellent addition to any Christmas party buffet.
These rolls are very easy to form. I used a ready-made sheet of puff pastry but you’ll in fact make your own too. The filling is formed with ground turkey, garlic and spring onions plus one secret ingredient – chicken broth cubes! Ground turkey can taste very bland sometimes but the broth adds tons of flavor.
The puff pastry is then covered with a layer of condiment, adding a delicious sweetness, then rolled and dig 16 bite-sized rolls. Very delicious.
These rolls are unusually hot from the oven, but also can be made earlier within the day and served cold or lightly warmed.
Prep Time:10 Mins
Cook Time:25 Mins
- 320g puff pastry
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 100 grams of brie
- 4 tablespoons condiment
- 1 egg, beat off
- 400g minced turkey
- 1 clove, puree
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- To serve: extra condiment and chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180c and line two pans with parchment paper.
- Add turkey, garlic, and spring onions to an outsized bowl. Crush in chicken broth cubes. the key ingredient to feature tons of flavor. Mix it well.
- Add the brie cheese, roughly tear it into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Unroll the pastry and cut it in half in order that you’ve got two rectangular pieces. Spread condiment over each slice of cake.
- Divide the turkey mixture in half and spread each half within the middle of the cooking utensil, leaving about 1 cm on each side.
- Roll the pastry over the dough therefore the edges meet. Press it with a fork to shut it.
- Cut each large roll into 8 small rolls and place them on the baking sheet. Brush lightly with beaten egg and bake within the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.