White Chocolate and Berry Cheesecake Cookies
|White Chocolate and Berry Cheesecake Cookies|
We recently discovered a new neighborhood cafe, which also offers a decent selection of soups and lunch salads, has some delicious cakes. My favorite is the raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake – which is very good I just need to imitate at home.
The only change I made was to put a few strawberries between raspberries – for variety, or because even a large chunk of raspberries wasn’t enough to make two layers and I happened to have a few strawberries in the fridge (choose the reason you believe, but that’s good) .
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- 400g (14oz) cream cheese
- 150g (5¼oz) digestive biscuits
- 150g (5¼oz) strawberries
- 300g (10½oz) raspberries150g (5¼oz) white chocolate
- 200ml (6¾ fl.oz) double cream
- 65g (2¼oz) butter
- 50g (2oz) icing sugar
- Use greaseproof paper to line the base of an 18cm (7in) loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Crush the biscuits (I use the end of a rolling pin), melt the butter, and stir through the crumbs until thoroughly combined. Press this mixture into the base of the cake tin, and refrigerate for an hour.
- Reserve enough fruit to fully cover the top of the cheesecake, and chop the remainder onto the chilled biscuit base.
- Melt 100g of the chocolate, and keep warm enough to maintain a pourable consistency.
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Combine the cream cheese, icing sugar, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.